Community and environment
At Endeavor Energy, we constantly strive to improve quality of life in the communities where we operate. First and foremost, this requires disciplined focus on environmental standards that preserve and protect our surroundings. Second, we contribute to economic, health, and social programs that enrich the local population. Finally, we operate our facilities in such a way that minimizes the risk to our employees and respects the health and safety of the local population and environment.
- Environmental and Social Impact Awareness
- We conduct best-practice Environmental and Social Impact Assessments to ensure that our projects meet this threshold.
- We are committed to IFC Performance Standards on Environmental and Social Responsibility including commitment to sustainable labor conditions, resource efficiency and pollution prevention, community health, safety and security, fairness in land acquisition and involuntary resettlement, protection for indigenous peoples, biodiversity conservation and sustainable natural resource development, and preserving cultural heritage.
- We are committed to the Equator Principles which provide a risk management framework, adopted by financial institutions, for determining, assessing and managing environmental and social risk in projects. This helps Endeavor Energy and its partners provide a minimum standard for due diligence to support responsible risk decision-making.
- Local Content Commitment
- During development, Endeavor Energy seeks to augment its commercial position by finding qualified and reputable local partners that can benefit from our experience and replicate it throughout Africa and the world.
- Endeavor Energy and its partners will work with EPC contractors to develop a construction program that maximizes the material and labor input from local providers, and we will support the training of local personnel so that they will be eligible for skilled positions during the construction phase.
- We will also provide training for local personnel and emphasize their hiring for our locally based construction management offices that oversee EPC contractors on behalf of the project company.
- Endeavor Energy and its partners will work with O&M contractors to design an operational plan that maximizes the material and labor input from local providers, and we will support the training of local personnel so that they will be eligible for skilled positions throughout the life of the project.
- Local personnel will be managed by an Endeavor Energy chosen plant manager who has specific experience in operations and management of large gas-fired combined-cycle power plants by local citizens trained as part of the overall operational plan.
- World-class Operational, Environmental and Safety Expertise
- Endeavor Energy is committed to ensuring engineering and construction and operations and maintenance contractors perform their work and/or services in accordance with the best-in-class engineering, construction, operations, environmental and safety standards.
- We have built a team with extensive development engineering, construction management, and operations and maintenance experience that also embraces an operational philosophy that promotes a culture of safety and efficiency.
- Endeavor Energy is also a proud supporter of the goals of President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama’s Let Girls Learn initiative